We are thrilled to announce “Expedition: Baja Sur”, our favorite Baja adventure of the year! If you’ve been wanting to join us on a Baja adventure...this is the one! This will be a once in a lifetime adventure-vacation as we criss cross the Baja peninsula on our way to Loreto and back.
Covering over 1700 miles of the Baja desert in 7 days, our group will experience trails driven by off-road legends such as Ivan Stewart, Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, BJ Baldwin, and many other racing champions. While our priority is ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world.
We will be stopping at several historic missions and scenic beaches to soak it all in. The scenery you will see on this run will truly be amazing.
The “Expedition: Baja Sur” run will begin Monday June 5th and end on Sunday June 11th. We will meet north of the Mexico border in San Diego California. A driver’s meeting will be held before we cross, ensuring all participants are aware of the run details, rules on the trail, safety concerns, and road conditions. Our crew and participants will cross into Mexico as a group.
Monday 6/5 - Once we cross, we will cruise to the trail head and spend the day working their way south along the coast. Our destination for the day will be Cataviña.
Tuesday 6/6 - Tuesday will be an early start as we have over 250 miles to cover as we head south for San Ignacio. The route will take us through cactus filled hills and along beautiful beaches with no one around for miles! San Ignacio downtown square is also home to the best ice cream shop in Baja.
Wednesday 6/7 - We will continue south as we make our way towards Loreto.
We will continue south for some much needed relaxation at the beach. This is one of our favorite stops...it's actually more amazing than the pictures show.
After soaking up the sun and fun we'll continue south towards Loreto. To a beach side resort where we will spend the next 2 nights.
Thursday 6/8 - Thursday will be a layover day in Loreto. Loreto is one of our favorite towns in all of Baja. It offers amazing beaches, lively historic downtown, and amazing sea tour options. You can book a fishing, kayaking, or whale watching tour that will pick you up from the beach at the resort. You can also choose to relax beach or poolside at the resort.
Friday 6/9 - We will begin making our way north as we crossover from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean. Along the way we will also swing by the San Javier Mission
After exploring the mission we will push on towards San Ignacio. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Saturday 6/10 -We continue north as we cross back over to the Sea of Cortez. The trails are fast paced and the views will continue to drop your jaw as we make our way to Bahia De Los Angeles and then on to San Felipe for the night.
Sunday 6/11 - We will convoy to the Mexicali border crossing where we will say our good bye's and cross back to the USA.
- Professionally designed course, turn instructions, pre-run in advance of the run.
- Full trail support including: Full-time mechanics, 5 on trail support trucks, 2 fully equipped chase trucks & trailers, commonly damaged stock spare Raptor parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel accommodations for 7 days / 6 nights
- Dinner & breakfast included at all destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met)
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your Raptor (Ride Baja Mexican Insurance)
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance is recommended GPS solution but tablets with something like Lead Nav work as well
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher recommended
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunch will not be provided.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $5400 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $1200 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $4200 is due April 10th. We will send over invoices via PayPal on April 1st.
Spots are limited due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run.
1 passenger is included in the cost. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $100. (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
Your $1200 deposit is fully refundable (minus the 3% Paypal transaction fee) for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS given after this initial 5 day period, including the final payment of $4200 due on April 10th.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and our participants to new locations...this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.