Here we are again, on the verge of another Mexico adventure… we can’t wait to share what many of us feel is the pinnacle of off-road experiences. Our focus for Expedition: Baja is to provide each participant the experience of a lifetime. This is much more than just plotting a course and chasing dust… We want our participants to truly soak in the local flavor, and let each participant discover for themselves the bit of Baja magic that can only be experienced… not simply described. Our focus aims on ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants. But make no mistake, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world, which we will guide you through in the safest manner possibly while still allowing you to cut loose and experience true off-road freedom.
Expedition: Baja will begin in Friday 3/18 and end Monday 3/21 when we cross back to the USA. This 4 day adventure will cross the northern Bay Peninsula with stops in San Felipe, San Quintin, and Ensenada.
- Professionally designed pre-ran course (3 days of off-road trails + plus off-road track session on day last day prior to heading to the border).
- Trail Support: Mechanics, commonly damaged stock spare parts, welding equipment, technical/GPS support.
- Fully equipped chase truck & trailer.
- 3 nights hotel accommodations.
- Dinners and breakfast included.
- EXO swag
- Escort to and from international border.
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met):
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your truck through Ride Baja Insurance
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- Off-road GPS Lowrance recommended
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunches will not be provided. We try to stop for tacos when possible for lunch but no guarantees so please plan for lunch on the trail.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $2400 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $700 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $1700 is due January 20th.
There are limited spots available for this run, due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on. this upcoming run. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $200. (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
*Should the event have to be rescheduled due to Covid19 refunds will be offered minus Paypal fees. (Paypal charges a 3% fee that they don't return even if a refund is issued)
The $700 deposit is refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There are no refunds after this initial 5 day period, including the final payment of $1,700 due on January 20th.
Spots are 100% transferable without fees to another participant so you may sell your spot should you be unable to attend. We can assist in finding a participant to take your spot if we have a waiting list, but ultimately finding someone to take your spot will be your responsibility.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations, and guarantee this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.