Expedition: Baja Sur - 6/8-6/13
Expedition X Offroad is thrilled to announce “Expedition: Baja Sur”, our greatest adventure to date! If you’ve been wanting to join us on a Baja adventure...this is the one! This will be a once in a lifetime adventure-vacation as we make our way 3/4 down the Baja peninsula to Loreto.
Covering over 1400 miles of the Baja desert over 6 days, our group will experience trails driven by off-road legends such as Ivan Stewart, Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, BJ Baldwin, and many other racing champions. While our priority is ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world.
But wait...there’s more! We will be stopping at several historic missions and planned stops at “secret beaches” to relax and soak it all in. The scenery you will see on this run will truly be amazing.
The “Expedition: Baja Sur” run will begin Saturday, June 8th, as we meet north of the Mexico border in Southern California. A driver’s meeting will be held before we cross, ensuring all participants are aware of the run details, rules on the trail, safety concerns, and road conditions. Our crew and participants will cross into Mexico as a group.
Once we cross, we will convoy south to Cataviña the starting point of the run.
Sunday will be an early start as we have over 250 miles to cover as we head south for Guerrero Negro. Along the way we will stop at the beautiful Misión San Francisco Borja.
After touring we will head south to Guerrero Negro where we will stay for the night.
Monday the trail will take us up into the mountains as we head for the Misión San Francisco Javier de Viggé-Biaundó. From the Mission we will head for Loreto, our most southern stop of the run.
Tuesday we will head north along the Sea of Cortez. Along the way we will stop for at a “secret beach” to go for a swim.
We will finish the day in San Ignacio where we'll check out the San Ignacio Mission
Wednesday we will head north for Bahía Dé Los Ángeles along the Sea of Cortez.
Thursday morning the route will take us north along the coast of the Sea of Cortez, as we make our way to the Mexicali border crossling. Along the way we will stop at the Coco’s Corner to visit with one of Baja’s most famous icons, Coco. It’s hard to explain Coco’s Corner, it really must be experienced to understand.
- Professionally designed course, turn instructions, pre-run in advance of the run.
- Full trail support including: Full-time mechanics, 5 on trail support truck, 2 fully equipped chase trucks & trailers, commonly damaged stock spare Raptor parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel Rooms for each destination
- Dinner included at all 5 destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
- Raffle Prizes from top vendors and sponsors
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met)
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your Raptor (Instant Mexico Auto Insurance - Mexican Mainland and Baja Insurance is recommended, used by SCORE)
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance is recommended GPS solution but tablets with something like Lead Nav work as well
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher recommended
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Breakfast and Lunch will not be provided, plan accordingly
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $3200 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $800 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $2400 is due April 20th. We will send over invoices via PayPal on April 15th.
There are only 15 spots available for this run, due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $200 to cover food and clothing (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
Your $800 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be no refunds given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2400.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations, and guarantee this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.