Expedition X Offroad is thrilled to announce “Expedition: Baja Sur”, our greatest adventure to date! If you’ve been wanting to join us on a Baja adventure...this is the one! This will be a once in a lifetime adventure-vacation as we criss cross the Baja peninsula on our way to Loreto and back.
Covering over 1700 miles of the Baja desert in 7 days, our group will experience trails driven by off-road legends such as Ivan Stewart, Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, BJ Baldwin, and many other racing champions. While our priority is ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world.
We will be stopping at several historic missions and scenic beaches to soak it all in. The scenery you will see on this run will truly be amazing.
But wait...there’s more! The expedition will end in San Felipe on Friday 6/5, the day prior to the Baja 500. To cap the run off we will head out to watch the race on Saturday.
The “Expedition: Baja Sur” run will begin Sunday, May 31st, as we meet north of the Mexico border in Southern California. A driver’s meeting will be held before we cross, ensuring all participants are aware of the run details, rules on the trail, safety concerns, and road conditions. Our crew and participants will cross into Mexico as a group.
Day 1 - Once we cross, we will convoy south to San Quintin where we will get our first taste of dirt. We will wind our way through the mountains as we make our way for Cataviña, where we still stay for the night.
Day 2 - Sunday will be an early start as we have over 250 miles to cover as we head south for Guerrero Negro. The route will take us through cactus filled hills and along beautiful beaches with no one around for miles!
Day 3 - Monday we will continue south along the Pacific Ocean as we make our way towards San Ignacio to explore the mission. The downtown square is also home to the best ice cream shop in Baja.
We will continue south for some much needed relaxation at the beach for a few hours. This is one of our favorite stops...it's actually more amazing than the pictures show.
After soaking up the sun and fun we'll continue south towards Loreto along an amazing coastal section.
Day 4 - Wednesday we will begin making our way north as we crossover from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean. Along the way we will also swing by the San Javier Mission
After exploring the mission we will push on towards San Ignacio. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Day 5 - Thursday we continue north as we cross back over to the Sea of Cortez. The trails are fast paced and the views will continue to drop your jaw as we make our way to Bahia De Los Angeles.
Day 6 - Friday we will start our day by heading to the San Borja Mission. The trail is an absolute blast with a fun jump for those looking to stretch the legs of their trucks.
Day 7 - For those who decide to stick around, we will head out to the famous San Felipe whoops to watch the Baja 500. There is nothing like watching Trophy Trucks hit 4 foot whoops at over 100mph. We have reserved a block of rooms for Saturday night for those who would like to stay another night and cross back to the USA Sunday for an exrtra fee. We will cross back to the USA via the Mexicali border crossing.
- Professionally designed course, turn instructions, pre-run in advance of the run.
- Full trail support including: Full-time mechanics, 5 on trail support trucks, 2 fully equipped chase trucks & trailers, commonly damaged stock spare Raptor parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel accommodations for 7 days
- Dinner & breakfast included at all destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
- Raffle Prizes from top vendors and sponsors
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met)
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your Raptor (Instant Mexico Auto Insurance - Mexican Mainland and Baja Insurance is recommended, used by SCORE)
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance is recommended GPS solution but tablets with something like Lead Nav work as well
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher recommended
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunch will not be provided.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $3,750 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $800 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $2950 is due April 20th. We will send over invoices via PayPal on April 12th.
There are only 12 spots available for this run, due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $200 to cover food and clothing (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
Your $800 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be no refunds given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2950.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations, and guarantee this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.