Overland: Baja Sur - 5/3 - 5/9
We are excited to announce Overland: Baja Sur! We have had many Raptor adventures to Baja Sur and the peninsula only gets more beautiful the further south you go. Our overland adventures are a more relaxed pace and will mix in 3 nights of camping. Participants will experience Baja in a different way than our fast paced Raptor/Prerunner adventures.
We can’t wait to share what many of us feel is the pinnacle of off-road experiences. Our focus for Overland: Baja Sur is to provide each participant the experience of a lifetime. This is much more than just plotting a course and chasing dust… We want our participants to truly soak in the local flavor, and let each participant discover for themselves the bit of Baja magic that can only be experienced… not simply described. Our focus aims on ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants. But make no mistake, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world, which we will guide you through in the safest manner possibly while still allowing you to cut loose and experience true off-road freedom.
Want to bring the kidos? Kids are more than welcome to join!
Overland: Baja will begin Wednesday May 3rd and conclude on Tuesday May 9th.
Day 1: Our day will begin north of the border in Calexico. We'll hand out swag, load gps files, and perform a detailed drivers meeting to review guidelines of the trip before heading south. Most of the day will be spent on pavement as we need push all the way into Baja Sur. We'll stop at the Chenowth Legacy Lodge Museum for lunch and to checkout some of their historic race trucks. We'll continue south enjoying the beautiful views of the Sea of Cortez.
We'll continue on to our campsite on the Pacific coast.
Day 2: After packing up camp, we'll head south for San Ignacio. Monday we will continue south as we make our way towards San Ignacio to explore the mission. The downtown square is also home to the best ice cream shop in Baja.
We'll continue on to Scorpion Bay where we will camp for the night.
Day 3: After exploring packing up camp, we will push on towards Loreto. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Before heading into Loreto, we will explore the San Javier Mission. This mission is arguably the most beautiful mission in all of Baja.
Day 4: This day will be a relaxed day as we head north on a beautiful section of trail as we head for some beach side camping along the Bahia Concepcion.
Day 5: We will pack up camp and head north along the highway to explore the town of Mulege and Santa Rosalia. This will be a relaxing day to really get a taste of life in Baja. There are several neat points of interest...the most being the Santa Rosalia Mission.
Our day will end in San Ignacio where we will stay in a hotel.
Day 6: We will head north and spend the day running running along the Sea of Cortez towards Bahia de Los Angeles.
Day 7 : We will convoy as a group back to Mexicali and cross back to the USA.
- Professionally designed pre-ran course.
- Trail Support: Mechanics, technical/GPS support, chase truck and trailer.
- Hotel Rooms for nights 3, 5, and 6.
- Dinners & breakfast included for hotel stays.
- EXO swag.
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all requirements are not met):
- Our Overland adventures are not as fast paced as our Raptor runs. That said a solid suspension setup is highly recommended. We recommend a 2.5" diameter shock with reservoir or larger. A Jeep, Tacoma, or F250 with stock shocks would not be happy with the pace we carry. A stock Raptor will be just fine. If you have any questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order. 4runners, Tacoma's, Ranger's, most Jeep models, and full size trucks will do just fine as long as they are equipped with 4x4 and off-road tires and upgraded shocks. If you have questions shoot us an email at email@example.com
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your truck with Ride Baja Insurance
- 1 full-size spare tire
- 50-Watt or greater vhf radio. Weatherman (151.625) and BFG Relay (151.715) frequencies must be programmed. We can assist with programming and set you up with a solid radio for under $200, just let us know. Radio's are important for safety and communication. Unfortunately, handheld units are only 5-10 watts and are only useful when in line of sight of the vehicle you're trying to communicate with.
- Off-Road lights recommended
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance recommended. If you use something else please let us know.
- Dinner and Breakfast will only be provided for the Hotel stays. Plan to cook your own dinners for at least 2 nights. There are plenty of dinner options in town on the 4th day if you wish to drive into town. Also, plan to have lunch on trail for day 3 & 4 although we'll likely stop for tacos but no guarantees.
- 5 gallons extra fuel recommended
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $3000 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $700 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $2300 is due March 7th. We will send over invoices via PayPal on March 1st.
Spots are limited due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run.
1 passenger is included in the cost. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $100. (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
Your $700 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2300.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and our participants to new locations...this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.