We are thrilled to announce Bronco Expedition: Baja Sur! If you’ve been wanting to join us on a Baja adventure...this is the one! This will be a once in a lifetime adventure-vacation as we criss cross 3/4ths of the Baja peninsula on our way to Loreto and back.
Covering over 1700 miles of the Baja desert in 6 days, our group will experience trails driven by off-road legends such as Ivan Stewart, Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, BJ Baldwin, and many other racing champions. While our priority is ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world.
We will be stopping at several historic missions and scenic beaches to soak it all in. The scenery you will see on this run will truly be amazing.
The “Bronco Expedition: Baja Sur” run will begin Friday April 14th and end on Wednesday the 19th. We will meet north of the Mexico border in Southern California. A driver’s meeting will be held before we cross, ensuring all participants are aware of the run details, rules on the trail, safety concerns, and road conditions. Our crew and participants will cross into Mexico as a group.
Day 1 - Once we cross, we will head south to Colonet where we will be treated to a Taco bar lunch at Pirates Restaurant. We have a good amount of pavement on day 1 in order to get all the way to Catavina but there will be some epic beach sections to mix it up.
Day 2 - We will be an early start as we have over 250 miles to cover as we head south for Guerrero Negro. The route will take us through cactus filled hills and along beautiful beaches with no one around for miles!
Day 3 - we will continue south as we make our way towards San Ignacio to explore the mission. The downtown square is also home to the best ice cream shop in Baja.
We will continue south for some much needed relaxation at the beach. This is one of our favorite stops...it's actually more amazing than the pictures show.
After soaking up the sun and fun we'll continue south towards Loreto. To a beach side resort.
Day 4 - We will begin making our way north as we crossover from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean. Along the way we will also swing by the San Javier Mission
After exploring the mission we will push on towards San Ignacio. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Day 5 -We continue north as we cross back over to the Sea of Cortez. The trails are fast paced and the views will continue to drop your jaw as we make our way to Bahia De Los Angeles.
Day 6 - We will convoy to the Mexicali border crossing where we will say our good bye's and cross back to the USA.
- Professionally designed course.
- Full trail support including: mechanics, trail support Broncos, fully equipped chase trucks & trailer, commonly damaged stock spare Bronco parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel accommodations for 6 days / 5 nights
- Dinner & breakfast included at all destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
- Our Bronco adventures are not as fast paced as our Raptor runs. That said a solid suspension setup is highly recommended. We recommend the equivalent of stock Sasquatch package Bronco. So for non-sasquatch Bronco's a 1-2" lift with 35 inch tires are recommended (off-road rated tires are required). A stock Bronco with Sasquatch package will be just fine.
If you have any questions feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- full-size spare tire
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (weatherman frequency 151.625)
- Offroad GPS
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
Other requirements (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met):
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your truck through Ride Baja Mexican Insurance.
- Off-Road-Ready Bronco, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- Case of bottled water
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunch will not be provided. We often have the opportunity to grab tacos but it's not guaranteed so plan for lunch on the trails.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred. You will get a better exchange rate getting pesos ahead of time.
- Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $3200 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $700 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $2500 is due February 10th. We will send over invoices via PayPal for the final amount.
There are only 12 spots available for this run, due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run. 1 passenger is included and additional passengers can be added for a cost of $300. (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
*Should the event have to be rescheduled due to Covid19 refunds will be offered minus Paypal fees. (Paypal charges a 3% fee that they don't return even if a refund is issued)
Your $500 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be no refunds given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2500.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations...this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.