Preland: Baja Sur - 5/3 - 5/9
We are excited to announce Preland: Baja Sur! We have had many Raptor adventures to Baja Sur and the peninsula only gets more beautiful the further south you go. Our overland adventures are a more relaxed pace and will mix in 3 nights of camping. Participants will experience Baja in a different way than our fast paced Raptor/Prerunner adventures.
While our Prelanding runs are slower paced than our Raptor runs, they are not "slow ", especially if compared to a conventional overlanding run. A solid suspension setup is required for non Raptors, TRX's, or Broncos. We recommend a 2.5" diameter shock with reservoir or larger. A Jeep, Tacoma, 1500 pickup, or F250 with stock shocks would not be happy with the pace we carry. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We can’t wait to share what many of us feel is the pinnacle of off-road experiences. Our focus for Overland: Baja Sur is to provide each participant the experience of a lifetime. This is much more than just plotting a course and chasing dust… We want our participants to truly soak in the local flavor, and let each participant discover for themselves the bit of Baja magic that can only be experienced… not simply described. Our focus aims on ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants. But make no mistake, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world, which we will guide you through in the safest manner possibly while still allowing you to cut loose and experience true off-road freedom.
Want to bring the kidos? Kids are more than welcome to join!
Overland: Baja will begin Friday May 3rd and conclude on Thursday May 9th.
Day 1: Our day will begin north of the border in San Diego. We'll hand out swag, load gps files, and perform a detailed drivers meeting to review guidelines of the trip before heading south. After crossing the border, we'll be in the dirt within 30 minutes as we make our way for San Felipe.
We will stop in Valle De Trinidad for some amazing tacos!
Day 2: We will be an early start for San Ignacio. The route will take us through cactus filled hills with a stop at a Historic San Borja Mission.
We'll continue on to San Ignacio where we will camp for the night.
Day 3: After packing up camp, we will push on towards Loreto where we will stay at a beachside resort. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Day 4: This day will be a relaxed day as we head to a beautiful section of trail as we head for some beach side camping along the Bahia Concepcion.
Day 5: We will pack up camp and hit the trail north.
Our day will end in San Ignacio where we will stay in a hotel.
Day 6: We will head north and spend the day running along the Sea of Cortez towards Bahia de Los Angeles and then on to San Felipe.
Day 7 : We will convoy as a group back to Mexicali and cross back to the USA.
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all requirements are not met):
- Our Overland adventures are not as fast paced as our Raptor runs. That said a solid suspension setup is highly recommended. We recommend a 2.5" diameter shock with reservoir or larger. A Jeep, Tacoma, or F250 with stock shocks would not be happy with the pace we carry. A stock Raptor will be just fine. If you have any questions feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order. 4runners, Tacoma's, Ranger's, most Jeep models, and full size trucks will do just fine as long as they are equipped with 4x4 and off-road tires and upgraded shocks. If you have questions shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your truck with Ride Baja Insurance
- 1 full-size spare tire
- 50-Watt or greater vhf radio. Weatherman (151.625) and BFG Relay (151.715) frequencies must be programmed. We can assist with programming and set you up with a solid radio for under $200, just let us know. Radio's are important for safety and communication. Unfortunately, handheld units are only 5-10 watts and are only useful when in line of sight of the vehicle you're trying to communicate with.
- Off-Road lights recommended
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance recommended. If you use something else please let us know.
- Dinner and Breakfast will only be provided for the Hotel stays. Plan to cook your own dinners for at least 2 nights. There are plenty of dinner options in town on the 2nd day if you wish to drive into town.
- 5 gallons extra fuel recommended
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
- Professionally designed pre-ran course.
- Trail Support: Mechanics, technical/GPS support, chase truck and trailer.
- 4 nights Hotel Rooms on days 1, 3, 6, and 7.
- Dinners & breakfast included for hotel stays.
- EXO swag.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $3350 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $750 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $2600 is due February 16th. We will send over invoices via PayPal.
Spots are limited due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run.
1 passenger is included in the cost. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $100. (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
Your $750 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2600.
Event participation is 100% transferable (minus a 3% Paypal transaction fee) in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and our participants to new locations...this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.