Expedition X Offroad is thrilled to announce “Expedition: Baja Sur”, our favorite Baja adventure of the year! If you’ve been wanting to join us on a Baja adventure...this is the one! This will be a once in a lifetime adventure-vacation as we criss cross the Baja peninsula on our way to Loreto and back.
Covering over 1700 miles of the Baja desert in 7 days, our group will experience trails driven by off-road legends such as Ivan Stewart, Rob MacCachren, Robby Gordon, BJ Baldwin, and many other racing champions. While our priority is ensuring a safe, relaxing, and fun run for all participants, both you and your truck will be challenged on some of the toughest off-road terrain in the world.
We will be stopping at several historic missions and scenic beaches to soak it all in. The scenery you will see on this run will truly be amazing.
The “Expedition: Baja Sur” run will begin Sunday May 2nd and end on Saturday May 8th. We will meet north of the Mexico border in Southern California. A driver’s meeting will be held before we cross, ensuring all participants are aware of the run details, rules on the trail, safety concerns, and road conditions. Our crew and participants will cross into Mexico as a group.
Sunday 5/2 - Once we cross, we will convoy south to San Quintin where we will stop at the Old Mill for a catered lunch by one of the best Chef's in Baja, Javier.
After lunch, we'll continue our convoy south. Along the way we'll make a detour to the check out the "Seal Hole".
Monday 5/3 - Sunday will be an early start as we have over 250 miles to cover as we head south for Guerrero Negro. The route will take us through cactus filled hills and along beautiful beaches with no one around for miles!
Tuesday 5/4 - Monday we will continue south as we make our way towards San Ignacio to explore the mission. The downtown square is also home to the best ice cream shop in Baja.
We will continue south for some much needed relaxation at the beach. This is one of our favorite stops...it's actually more amazing than the pictures show.
After soaking up the sun and fun we'll continue south towards Loreto. To a beach side resort where we will spend the next 2 nights.
Wednesday 5/5 - Tuesday will be a layover day in Loreto. Loreto is one of our favorite towns in all of Baja. It offers amazing beaches, lively historic downtown, and amazing sea tour options. You can book a fishing, kayaking, or whale watching tour that will pick you up from the beach at the resort. You can also choose to relax beach or poolside at the resort.
Thursday 5/6 - Wednesday we will begin making our way north as we crossover from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean. Along the way we will also swing by the San Javier Mission
After exploring the mission we will push on towards San Ignacio. This is likely our favorite section off off-road trail of the whole trip. There are technical mountain sections and wide open beach sections. Oh and the views...they are amazing!
Friday 5/7 - Thursday we continue north as we cross back over to the Sea of Cortez. The trails are fast paced and the views will continue to drop your jaw as we make our way to Bahia De Los Angeles.
Saturday 5/8 - Friday we will start our day by heading to the San Borja Mission. The trail is an absolute blast with a fun jump for those looking to stretch the legs of their trucks.
We will continue north to the world Famous Coco's Corner.
After leaving Coco's, we'll continue north for the Mexicali border crossing where we will all say our good bye's before crossing back to the USA via the Mexicali border crossing.
- Professionally designed course, turn instructions, pre-run in advance of the run.
- Full trail support including: Full-time mechanics, 5 on trail support trucks, 2 fully equipped chase trucks & trailers, commonly damaged stock spare Raptor parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel accommodations for 7 days / 6 nights
- Dinner & breakfast included at all destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met)
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your Raptor (Instant Mexico Auto Insurance - Mexican Mainland and Baja Insurance is recommended, used by SCORE)
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance is recommended GPS solution but tablets with something like Lead Nav work as well
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher recommended
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunch will not be provided.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $4,500 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $1,000 deposit which is fully refundable for 5 days from receipt. The remaining $3,500 is due March 17th. We will send over invoices via PayPal on March 10th.
There are only 14 spots available for this run, due to the nature of the location and support that needs to be provided. Spaces will be reserved on a first-come basis, upon receipt of payment. Payment must be received to guarantee your spot on this upcoming run. Additional passengers can be added for a cost of $450 to cover food (room allocated for your vehicle must be shared with all your passengers, as some places simply do not have enough rooms to accommodate any more people).
*Should the event have to be rescheduled due to Covid19 refunds will be offered minus Paypal fees. (Paypal charges a 3% fee that they don't return even if a refund is issued)
Your $1,000 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be no refunds given after this initial period, including the final payment of $3,500 due on March 15th.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations, and guarantee this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.