Expedition: Lands End
Hey Guys, I'm super pumped to finally do a full peninsula run to Lands End! Like many of you, I've wanted to do this for quite some time but I have been hesitant due to the distance and time required to pull of a run like this. However, with a rock solid group of Baja veterans like you, I think this is going to be an absolute blast!
This adventure is limited to 11 spots to provide the best experience possible. With a smaller group we will be able to cover ground faster which leaves more for Cervezas at the pool.
We will cover over 1500 miles to get to Cabo. We will see some of the most amazing beaches and sites along the way. By now you guys know, Baja is amazing. It gets even more amazing the further south so I'm very much looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you.
Below is basic information for the run for reference. Feel free to shoot me a text of give me a call if you have any questions. Otherwise, hit the register button!
Day 1 - Once we cross, we will convoy south to Bahia De Los Angeles. Along the way, we'll stop in San Felipe for Tacos. If we make good time, we'll stop at Gonzaga Bay for some beach time.
We'll then hit Frog Canyon followed by the San Borja Mission.
We'll also plan on swinging by the San Borja Mission.
Day 2 - We'll cruise south along the Sea of Cortez to San Ignacio.
Day 3 - We head south from San Ignacio to Loreto. Along the way we'll stop in Scorpion Bay for some amazing shrimp tacos while we watch the surfers ride the waves.
Continuing south, the scenery will continue to amaze as we work our way to Loreto.
Day 4 - Our journey will continue as we make our way for La Paz. Along the way we'll checkout the San Javier Mission.
After exploring the mission we will push further south.
Day 5 - Thursday we make our final push for Cabo! Be prepared...this trail is going to be epic! I'm leaving out pictures here because I want this section to be a surprise...trust me, it will be awesome.
Day 6 - We will have a layover day to relax and soak in the crazy adventure we just accomplished.
Day 7 - We will begin our journey home. We'll head north to Guerrero Negro via pavement.
Day 8 - All good things must come to an end...we'll cross back into the USA in Mexicali.
- Professionally designed course.
- Full trail support including: Full-time mechanics, trail support trucks, fully equipped chase trucks & trailers, commonly damaged stock spare Raptor parts, and welding equipment.
- Hotel accommodations for 8 days / 7 nights
- Dinner & breakfast included at all destinations
- EXO and sponsor swag
What’s REQUIRED (checklist will be performed stateside, trucks will be turned away if all items are not met)
- Passport for all participants (Driver, Passengers)
- Current registration and license plates
- Mexico full-coverage insurance for your Raptor (Instant Mexico Auto Insurance - Mexican Mainland and Baja Insurance is recommended, used by SCORE)
- Off-Road-Ready truck, all services, proper prep, all in working order
- 2 full-size spare tires
- Race Radio 50-Watt or greater (details regarding frequencies to TBD)
- Off-Road lights to supplement stock headlights
- GPS chart plotter, Lowrance is recommended GPS solution but tablets with something like Lead Nav work as well
- 5 gallons extra fuel
- Case of bottled water
- Basic tools and recovery gear (Strap, shackles, jack, etc)
- Fire Extinguisher recommended
- Layered clothing, for possibly variety of weather conditions
- Cooler recommended
- Lunch will not be provided.
- $20 in small US bills (singles) for Toll Roads
- Most locations accept USD, pesos can be used if preferred
- (Detailed item recommendation list to be provided to participants)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Level-headed driving, within your capabilities
Mexico has many rules and regulations which participants may not be familiar with. The list below is VERY important that we follow, any restricted items brought into Mexico could mean imprisonment, and large fines.
- All weapons or ammunition of ANY type (even a single bullet)
- Large knives (small pocketknife OK, placed in tool bag, not cab)
- Any and all non-prescribed narcotics (Pills, drugs, etc)
- Marijuana (including prescribed, they won’t accept your medical marijuana card, haha)
- Drug paraphernalia or residue of ANY kind
- Alcohol on the roads/trails (There will be time to drink each evening)
- Use of US credit/debit cards not recommended, cash preferred for your own credit protection. (Speak with our event staff for details)
- Reckless driving or speeding on public roads is ABSOLUTELY prohibited at all times.
What is the cost?
The price per vehicle is $4,000 per vehicle, including one passenger. You may secure your spot with a $1,000 deposit which is fully refundable 5 days from receipt. The remaining $3,000 is due September 20th.
There are only 8 spots available for this run and is invite only for our Expedition: Baja veterans.
*Should the event have to be rescheduled due to Covid19 refunds will be offered minus Paypal fees. (Paypal charges a 3% fee that they don't return even if a refund is issued)
Your $1,000 deposit is fully refundable for the first 5 days after payment is received. There will be no refunds given after this initial period, including the final payment of $2900 due on May 26th.
Event participation is 100% transferable without fees in the event you are unable to attend, and need to cancel, and do not wish to be penalized for the late cancellation. This arrangement would need to be worked out on a personal basis between yourself, and the participant taking your place. We can assist in finding a participant to take your place if we have a waiting list of participants, but ultimately the transfer of participation will be the responsibility of the owner if they cannot attend the event.
We are excited to bring the EXO runs and it’s participants to new locations, and guarantee this will be the run of a lifetime for many participants. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun experience for all, helping each participant successfully complete the adventure, building new experience and creating new friendships. This is NOT a race, but an adrenaline-filled experience that will give each driver a taste of the Baja peninsula in the safest way possible.
As mentioned before, this run will be booked on a FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE basis. We will be fair and accept the timeliest entries first.
Thank You, we look forward to seeing you all on the trail.